Thursday 21 November 2019

MEET THE STAFF SERIES


Management Must Always Support the Technical Department to Deliver Power Across our Franchise - Musa Tijjani

CCD:Tell us a little about yourself?
MT: My name is Musa Tijjani, I am from Hadeja, Jigawa State. I attended Zamani College, Kaduna and ABU Zaria where I obtained my secondary certificate and Bsc Chemical Engineering in 2006 and 2011 respectively. I got employed at Kaduna Electric in 2015.

CCD:What is your primary responsibility?
MT: I am a Technical Service Supervisor, I started from PC&M, then posted to Malali Service Center as a linesman and from there I became a technical supervisor in February 2017, I supervise three feeders that is 33KV water works, 11KV Malali, and 11KV Dawaki. I was there for 30 months before I was posted to Doka Service Center where I am currently supervising two feeders 33KV Akbakwa, 11KV Ahmadu Bello Way; so that’s where I am till date.

CCD: What are your major challenges?
MT: The major challenge I have is the common challenges that most technical staff faces, materials to work with; funding in service center sometimes is a challenge too then dealing with the linesman. Mostly we do field work, not that the  work is  too difficult or too challenging but managing the people that  do the work is the most difficult thing, sometimes we want something to be done as soon as possible but because of so many advices and suggestions , it takes time before we put things in order. This challenges usually are too difficult for us to decide, so we have to do justice between the teams. As a team lead we must have listening ears, and give them fair hearing if someone is wrong we have to address it and respect people also while trying to address their decisions.

CCD: Do you have any suggestion or appeal to staff or management?         
MT: Well Management should support and improve the working conditions of the staff especially the technical staff , they are the back bone of the company and they run mostly all the activities that guarantee supply of Electricity across the franchise state of the company. So doing justice or try to encourage those yields better results and stability. For all staff we need trainings that will  enlighten us on development of the sector, we also need to inculcate this business sense into our technical staff, they should understand the business and  also view the sector as a business not the other way round and above all they should be honest in carry out their duties.




No comments:

Post a Comment