Friday 5 August 2022

MEET THE STAFF SERIES

 Energy Audit Adds Value Through Full Energy Accountability- Yusha’u Ibrahim Yauri

 

CCD: Briefly tell us about yourself

YIY: I am Yusha'u Ibrahim Yauri. I was born on the 27th May, 1988. I had my Primary and Secondary education at Waje Model Primary School and Abarshi Secondary School respectively all in Yauri.

I later proceeded to Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, where I obtained a BSc Physics in the year 2012, after some years I proceeded to Kebbi State University of Science and Technology, Aliero, where I also obtained MSc.  In Renewable Energy. 


CCD: When did you join the services of Kaduna Electric and what is your job role?

YIY: I joined the Services of this great Company on the 15th September, 2015. I am the Team Lead, Energy Audit and my job role covers a lot, among which is Transmitting grid energy data, Reconciliation of energy gap between incomer 33kv (transmission) 33kv/11kv and 11kv/DT wise.

CCD: As Team Lead, Energy Audit who covers the whole four Area Offices in Kebbi, how do you manage the four Area Offices?

YIY: As the role stated earlier, I manage the four Area Offices by ensuring every energy that passes through all our feeders in the four Area Offices are properly accounted for, analyzed and made available for Management decision. I also monitor all our feeders to ensure no energy gap in our feeders and if any is observed, appropriate action is taken to address the gap. We work in synergy with the energy metering Department in this regard who ensure meter recertification.

CCD: What is the most challenging part of your job role?

YIY: The most challenging part of my job role is Distribution Transformers without proper feeder alignment, because for the past five years we have been battling with the issue of alignment in all the Area Offices. In most cases when Distribution Transformers were aligned to its exact feeder after some few months the alignment will be distracted by system glitch.

CCD: What are you doing so far in making sure you mitigate the challenges?

YIY: I recently went to Kaduna for five days alignment workshop organized by Marketing and Revenue Assurance Department at our Corporate Headquarters,

During the workshop, we were able to address most of our alignment issues and as at now all our MD alignment are 100% completed in all the Area Offices while NMD alignment is around 75% completion.

CCD: What are your plans for the four Area Offices in making sure all the energy is well-managed and properly accounted for? 

YIY: Well, our plan is to ensure we channel our energy to our paying customers based on the approved banding order by our regulators.

CCD: What is your call to the management of the Company?

YIY: My call to the top Management of the Company is to assist us by providing necessary working tools to all the Team Leads, Energy Audit as that will enable us to deliver on our mandate respectively.

CCD: Your words of advice to the fellow members of Staff?

YIY: My call to the members of staff is to wake-up and be up and doing. Looking at the current development in the industry. Let us all work hard to ensure Kaduna Electric excel.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment