Thursday 9 August 2018

MEET THE STAFF SERIES

The Impression we Give the Customers, Determines the Seriousness They Attach to Our Business...Jamila



CCD:  Can we meet you?
JI: Yes, my name is Jamila Idris, I was born on 31 March 1987 at Argungu in Kebbi State. I had my Primary education between 1992 to 1997 in Sarki Sani Model Primary school, Argungu, from their I proceeded to FGGC Gwandu from 1997 to 2003 where I obtained my SSCE. I went to Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto where I obtained a Bachelor of Law(LLB) degree in the year 2010. I was called to the Bar  in 2012 after attending  the mandatory one year BL programm at the Nigerian Law School.

CCD: As a Customer Services Representative what are your assignments?
JI: As a Customer Services Representative, my assignments include attending to customers complaint(s); this include receiving customers complaint, forwarding the complaint to the appropriate quarters and follow it up till that customer’s problem is resolved. I send daily collection of my Service Centre; I also send in my report every month. It is also part of my duty to persuade the customer to pay more than what he intended to by calling his attention to his outstanding balance. The way you welcome the customer with humbleness and kindness always determine the way he will attach seriousness to the business.

CCD: How do you see operations of Kaduna Electric?
JI: Our operations are quite ok to some extent. You know nobody is 100% perfect  in his operations especially in business like ours.

CCD: How do you cope up with the challenges of resolving customers’ complaint, especially given the fact that some customers could be hostile?
JI: well, I receive the complaints either verbally or in writing and make sure I forward their complaints to the appropriate channel for resolution, as I said earlier. We must acknowledge the differences if customers’ attitude and handle the diversity as the case may be; some will come as if they want fight you; some will even insult you as if you cause their problems, but Alhamdulillah, whenever we attend to their problems, most of them will come back regretting what they have done initially. From my own side this is achievement. I learnt to talk less, especially when dealing aggrieved or hostile customers; I allow them to express their anger and frustration before I offer explanation. Similarly, I make sure I don’t give bad or erroneous impression of myself or the organisation to the customers. Lastly, I don’t make a promise I know I can’t fulfil; I deal with the customers honestly and in the most professional manner.

CCD: How do your role add value to Kaduna Electric?
JI: My role as a customer care representative add value to the company by making sure that our customers are always satisfied; because the customers are our kings and without them we will not be here; because a customer will come to me first if he has any complaint and I will be the one to attend to him and advice him on what to do or forward the complaint to the appropriate place, the impression I give the customer about the Company matters a lot. I mean resolving customers’ problem is my favourite thing in Kaduna Electric, because it pays a lot. I make sure that every customer that come is happier at the end my interaction with him or her. A happy customer is a valuable customer. 

CCD: Can you share your best day in Kaduna Electric with us?
JI: The best day I can share in this Company is the day we were called to converge at PLUS Centre to enjoyed ourselves to celebrate the performance achieved which I happened to be a valuable member of the team whose contribution to that success was recognised.

CCD: Do you have any appeal to the Management of this company?
JI: I want urge the Management to ensure that the capacity of the people handling the Company’s finances is  improved and enhanced, because in most financial institution, staff that deal with money do undergoes training often. 

CCD: Do you have any call to staff?
JI: My call as a customer care representative to the general staff of this Company is we should keep treating our customers as kings and to be  hard working and efficient as well.

CCD: Thank you for the time spend
JI: Thank you, it is my pleasure.


No comments:

Post a Comment