Thursday 3 May 2018

MEET THE STAFF SERIES


Meeting Our Target Is Hinged on Strong Customer Relationships

CCD: Mohammad Shehu Turaki, tell us more about yourself.
MS: I have B.A in Business Economics, a BSc Multimedia Technology and a Masters in Banking and Finance (MBF). I am a chattered member of the Institute of Loan and Risk Management. I also have a Conflict Management Certificate and a Security Industry Certificate. I am a very friendly and an open-minded type of person. My hubbies are exercising and keeping fit! 

CCD: Tell us about your role in the Maximum Demand (MD) Unit?
MS: I have been in the MD Unit otherwise known as the Premium Unit since October 2017. My role then was primarily MD meter readings, Bill distribution, reconciliation and collection, and customer relation. But now, I am at the Unit's Finance and Accounts Reconciliation desk, reconciling customers' payments and correction of wrong crediting or wrong bill information. 

CCD: What would you consider your major achievement? 
MS: When I joined in 2015 as a Sales Representative in Hayin Banki Service Center, I was allocated 3 transformers with a customer population of a little above 300. I was able to enumerate and increase the customer base to 880 and to realize the sum of N700,000 in just 2months.  

CCD: How prepared is the MD unit in meeting the 2 billion-Naira target?
MS: The unit works together as a team and in collaboration with different units and departments. The unit has made it a point of duty to concentrate more efforts towards building and strengthening our relationship with our esteemed customers because without them we would not get close to achieving the set target. By putting the customer first, making them feel like kings, gradually we will get to the 2-billion-Naira mark.

CCD: Has there been any increase in revenue from the MD Unit since the new target was announced?
MS: Yes! The unit has always been on its toes to improve the collection even before the set target. The set target is just an additional objective to the existing effort made to increase collection. We have recorded an increase of 17.99% growth in the unit since the target was announced.

CCD: In your opinion, what do you think can be done to enhance the growth of the company?
MS: As employees, we have to be alive to our responsibilities by being diligent. Our primary concern should be on how to create and innovate in other to improve the success of the company. If the company succeeds, we will be hailed and we will also take the credit and if it doesn't then we will be affected adversely. 

CCD: The metering exercise is still on going. What is your take on this?
MS: I think it is a welcome development to meter all the customers; this is even more important because it is in line with regulatory requirements especially to new customers. Now, the next important aspect of metering is monitoring to ensure that we stamp out energy theft.

CCD: Do you prefer to work on your own or as part of a team? 
MS: Yes, I prefer to work in a team. I am a member of my team and I love working collectively with my team members to achieve more. It also pleases customers to know that they have a capable team to work with. It promotes the sense of achievement, equity, and camaraderie, essential for a motivated workplace. Teamwork is a great way to work.


No comments:

Post a Comment