Friday 2 December 2022

MEET THE STAFF SERIES

Appropriate Metering of All Point Load Will Reduce Energy Loses - Jimoh Salawu

 

CCD: Can we have your brief profile?

JS: My name is Jimoh Salawu. I was born in Ihima town in Okehi Local Government, Kogi State. I am a graduate of Kaduna Polytechnic. I studied Electrical/Electronic Engineering. I am happily married with a wife and five children.

CCD: What are your primary responsibilities?

JS: My primary responsibility as a metering manager is to supervise all the metering activities in Rigasa Area Office, i.e. meters installation (both MD and NMD ), MD meters reading, Grid meters reading, and resolving customers’ complaints.

CCD: Can you share with us the major challenges you face in Metering Dept?

JS: The major challenges I am facing in Metering Department are mobility and a shortage of metering Engineers. Now that the National Mass Metering Programme is going on, we need more staff for the project to go smoothly.

CCD: In your own opinion, what measures do you think can be applied to solve the challenges?

JS: In my own opinion, the Management of Kaduna Electric should please provide operational vehicles or motorcycles to Metering Department to ease our transportation in resolving customer complaints.

CCD: One of the tough challenges facing the Company is poor collection, how do you think the metering team can help in solving the problem?

JS: Poor Cash Collection is not only affecting the Company alone; it is affecting all the Stakeholders, including the Staff. On my own side as a metering Staff, I will try to block all the leakages by metering all the Points Load with appropriate meters to account for energy used and reduce energy losses. The Company’s revenue is also protected through the proper installation of PPM meters with correct sealing, and monitoring of our installation from time to time to minimize energy thefts.

CCD: What do you do at your leisure time?

JS: At my leisure time, I do play with my children and charts with my friends.

CCD: Any appeal or suggestion to Staff or Management?

JS: My appeal to my colleagues is that everyone should work hard and do the right thing, be contented with what Allah has given you. A good name is better than riches. 


 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment