Friday 28 October 2022

MEET THE STAFF SERIES

More Logistics is Needed in Our Department to Meet up with Challenges of NMMP- Samira Shehu Ango

 

CCD: Briefly tell us about yourself.

SSA: My name is Samira Shehu Ango. I am from Kontagora, Niger State. I was born and raised in Ashaka, Gombe State. I did my primary and Secondary School in Gombe State. I studied Statistics at Kaduna Polytechnic and went further for my Post Graduate Diploma in Public Sector Economics at Kaduna State University. 

CCD:  What are your primary responsibilities?

SSA: My primary assignments are Capturing prepaid meters company-wide, maintenance of PPM Customer Records, Generation of Engineering tokens Company-wide, and Resolution of complaints related to Prepaid Meters in all our franchise.

CCD: What are the major achievements since you assume duty? 

SSA: Being an introvert, I have learned to gradually step out from  my comfort zone and have improved my communication ability in dealing with both internal and external customers, helping resolve complaints as well as provide solutions related to prepaid meter issues.

CCD: What are the challenges you are facing as a department? 

SSA: The major challenges we face in the department are logistics, shortage of staff, and Network (communication service) disruption. Also,  too many influxes of customers to the capturing office causes a lot of distraction and hinders us from doing our work effectively and efficiently.

Incorrect information given for meter activation delays the capturing process and also affects the overall quality of the data of the Company database.

 

CCD: What do you do at your leisure time?

SSA: Resting, watching movies, visiting friends and family

CCD: Any suggestion or appeal to Staff/ Management?

SSA:  People should tend to have empathy when it comes to working.

I appeal to the Management to assist in providing logistics for the Metering Staff out there in the field. This will help in timely resolution of meters’ complaints and supervision of meter installation/sealing of meters especially with the ongoing National Mass Metering Programme, as the number of meters in the network is increasing so also the number of meter complaints is on  the rise.

No comments:

Post a Comment