Thursday 20 December 2018

MEET THE STAFF SERIES


Reducing Losses Require a Systematic Approach 

CCD: May we know you?
AS: I am Atiku Sani, an indigene of Kebbi State and a graduate of Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic, Birnin Kebbi.  I obtained the Higher National Diploma in Marketing. I am 35 years old, and at present the Service Center Manager for GRA Kebbi Regional Office.

CCD: When did you join the Service of Kaduna Electric?
AS: I was employed by the defunct PHCN in 2006 as a Lines Technician in which we were required to undertake an extensive engineering tutelage by way of acquiring all the technical training within the value chain of the power industry. 
We underwent two years training and were confirmed in 2009. Since then, I have been in the field of Engineering and Technical Services. I was redeployed to Marketing Department when the company was privatized. I was retained and later made Feeder Supervisor in 2015.

 CCD: What are your responsibilities?
AS: My primary assignment as a Manager is to steer the Marketing activities with the sole objective of ensuring 100% collection in GRA Service Center, and ensure that work is promptly carried out diligently and revenue that is collected is remitted to the company accordingly. 

CCD: What are the challenges associated with carrying out your responsibilities?
AS: In a business environment like ours, where you have targets, expectations are high. One therefore, has to be ready for a lot of pressures from every angle. 
We have issues like meter bypass and energy theft is on the rise. 
Part of my duty is to monitor our customers regularly, report the defaulters and ensure necessary penalties are dished out. 
Our greatest challenge as a company is to reduce the ATC&C losses. This cannot be done immediately but with systematic efforts, a lot can be achieved.

CCD: What are your plans for GRA Service Center? 
AS: GRA Service Center is one of the green Feeders in Kebbi Regional Office, and one that I am responsible for managing; it means I have to be up and doing. My plan for the Service Centre is to achieve maximum collection so as to reduce ATC&C Losses. And to make GRA Service Center number one in terms of collection company wide

No comments:

Post a Comment