Thursday 19 July 2018

MEET THE STAFF SERIES


"As a staff i pay my bills to set good example for others"
Sani garba Technical manager kebbi AO

 

  

CCD:  Can you tell us about yourself briefly?
SGF: I am Sani Garba Fakai, I was born on 2nd September, 1975 in Fakai of Zuru Emirate in Kebbi State. I did my primary school in Fakai Model Primary School, afterwards, I proceeded to Government Technical College, Zuru and to the Polytechnic, Birnin Kebbi, now Federal Polytechnic, Birnin Kebbi where I obtained my National and Higher National Diplomas.

CCD: When did you join Kaduna Electric?
SGF: I joined Kaduna Electric immediately after taken over from the former PHCN, that should be around December, 2014. 
                                                    
CCD: As Technical Manager, what are your responsibilities?
SGF: As a Technical Manager, my primary responsibility is to ensure steady supply of electricity to our esteemed customers and to make sure that the personnel and the equipment of the Company are  safe and working in a good condition. 

CCD: The Engineering division is the back bone of our business, what are the challenges so far?
SGF: I quite agree with you that the Engineering Division is strategic to the success of the Company, and this is simply because we are in electricity business, without engineering the business will not even be called business. Our major challenge here is our people don’t really want to pay what they consumed and from another part our linesmen joke with safety issues.

CCD: As an Engineer, how does your role help in improving revenue and
Minimize losses?

SGF: We as a department in the Company cannot do it alone and must work with other departments and units to surmount whatever challenges there are. Our customers must pay what they consumed and we are ensuring that through the appropriate ways as enshrined by the Company among which is dialogue, awareness campaign, disconnection and as well monitoring all default customers. Let me emphasized this issue of monitoring, disconnecting a customer is not a big deal, we should also follow up with serious monitoring. Coming to your question, as an Engineer, my role cannot be over emphasized in adding value and improving collection. I make sure I pay my own bill so as to be a very good leader to my team members, this will encourage people around me to pay for what they consumed promptly.

CCD: One of our problems is to balance the energy consumed into naira and kobo how are you planning it?
 
SGF: we as a company before we balance the naira and kobo in comparison to the energy being given to the customers, we must metered all or some of our major customers. With this, the commercial loses will reduce. We can also perform better when all staff take ownership of this business.    

CCD: The quality of supply in Kebbi AO is much better than other Area Offices but the revenue being generated does not commensurate with that, do you have any advice?
SGF As T.M, I will advise the green feeder to manage the supply for at least
20 hours and the yellow feeders should go 6-7hours of supply, and
those that are on red feeders will  enjoy at least 4-5hours daily to reduce the
losses from red and yellows feeders. CCD Do you have any appeal to the staff and Management?

SGF: The appeal to staff of this company is to continue giving their best to move the company forward and for the management,  it should give necessary materials for the smooth working condition of the staff and we have seen a lot of such kind, we like the management to keep doing such.

CCD: Safety first and always, how do you supervise it as some of our
Engineers do not obey the safety rules.

SGF: safety is the back born of any engineering work, safety saves lives  and equipment. Without safety, all what we are doing will not be achieved. If you are not safety conscious, the work will be zero because you can damage the material or equipment you are working with. 

my role cannot be over emphasized in adding value and improving collection. I make sure I pay my own bill so as to be a very good leader to my team members, this will encourage people around me to pay for what they consumed promptly.



No comments:

Post a Comment