Thursday 12 July 2018

MEET THE STAFF SERIES


EFFECTIVE TRACKING OF BUSINESS ACTIVITIES IS THE MAGIC FORMULA…Ahmed Mustapha

CCD: Can you tell us about yourself?       
AM: My name is Ahmed Mustapha Mohammed, I am a graduate of Ahmadu Bello University in the year 2010 with second class upper division. I had my secondary education at Sagamu High School, Sagamu, Ogun state. I am happily married with 2 kids.

CCD: When did you join Kaduna Electric and what is your primary responsibilities
AM: I Joined Kaduna electric in September 2015.  My responsibilities is to supervise and coordinates the activities of service centre mangers in terms of quality report, collection analysis, records keeping of all activities in the Regional Office and by participation in the Regional Office Management decision.

CCD: You were recently elevated to the position of Commercial Manager, what do you have to say about that?
AM:I was promoted to the rank of the Commercial Manager (CM) as a result of commitment, dedication, hard work, integrity and sacrifice because I have passion for the company and my sacrifice paid for me. From SR, to supervisor both in Sabon Gari and Zaria city feeder all in Zaria Regional Office and now in Gusau as CM.

CCD: Do you mean hard work pays in kaduna Electric and how does it pay?
AM: Anything you are doing in Kaduna Electric is being watched by other people, your immediate supervisor or Team Lead and shall be reflected on your appraisal. Mind you, we have an appraisal that is taking place on quarterly basis, all this are avenue which hard work are measures and at the appropriate time, the affected personnel is recognized, appreciated and rewarded.

CCD: What are the challenges since you come on board?
AM: There is no new challenges for me since I came on board because, it is the same business activities. However, Data base updates is the greatest challenge I am facing right now due to snail walking of the SCM, But significant improvement has been recorded in that regard.

CCD: One tough challenge facing the Company is poor revenue collection, what is your contribution to that?
AM: I always believed that TRACKER of all forms is the only panacea to collection efficiency. We need to track all our routine activities i.e collection, bills distribution, disconnection and reconnection etc, all these activities should be effectively tracked. We also need to engage our SR and SCM in terms blocking leakages. With this, I am confident we shall overcome collection challenges.

CCD: What is your greatest strength?
AM: Hard work and dedication in the sense that our work is 24/7, at any given time, one mail or the other will come which you need to reply or to take action. So my strength here is the passion and ability to work under pressure with little or no supervision.

CCD: So what de-motivates you?
AM: Threat, laziness and weekends; I hate weekends because of my Company. I don’t like people talking negatives concerning the status and the performance of the Company.

CCD: What do have to say about rewards and recognition introduced by the Company, does it motivates?
AM: Yes, reward is a price for hard work, there is reward for everything be it positive or negative. Here in Kaduna Electric, we decided to go on positive reward, showing appreciation to staffs for their outstanding performance and commitment,  it create positive competition among departments and peers, so its motivates a lot. I am working harder to get another trophy in the next edition.

CCD: Any appeal or suggestion to staffs or management?
AM: To staffs let take ownership of the business so that we can work as a team; to the Management, please they should de-emphasize the use of threats of disengagement, this demoralized staffs output. The future of the Company is bright and  if all of us are patient, we shall get to the promise land.


1 comment:

  1. Thumbs up my mentor,my Boss and my #Role Model.I like the caption of your last advise to the staffs and the management, more especially using a "Threats of Disengagement", the Management should kindly review this strategy as it will only demoralise and also, makes an employees felt not at home.

    Long live Kadunaelectric.

    Long live Federal Republic of Nigeria.

    Thanks.

    Regards.

    Sauban Bala Sanda
    Zaria City Feeder.
    Zaria Regional office.
    Kadunaelectric.

    ReplyDelete