Thursday 21 September 2017

MEET THE STAFF SERIES



Ours Will Be The Service Centre To Beat

CCD: Shehu Yusuf, tell us about your journey  to Kaduna Electric.
SY:  I joined Kaduna Electric in 2015. I was one of the lucky ones that scaled through a rigorous recruitment exercise. 
Shortly after the training in Sokoto, I was posted to Sokoto Area Office, under Farfaru Feeder where I acted as Supervisor. I worked in Farfaru for a year before I was redeployed to Arkila Feeder as the Supervisor on the 1st of September 2016. Recently the management organized a one-week training in Kaduna; after the training I was posted to Kaduna Road Feeder, Sokoto.
The journey has not been easy because of the nature of the service we provide but there have equally been some achievements, which we must not fail to acknowledge.
When I resumed at the Kaduna Road Feeder in August, the revenue collection for July was N11.2 Million. In August the revenue generated was N 13.2 Million, a N2 million increase in one month. We are not relenting; we will continue to put in our best in managing the liquidity problems.

CCD: As a Supervisor, how do you run the Service Centre under you?
SY: My primary assignment here is steering the marketing activities, with the sole objective of ensuring 100% collection in Service Center and to ensure that customers complaints are resolved within the shortest time possible. Bills must also be distributed as soon as they are printed.

CCD:  Can you give us an idea of the customer population you are serving?
SY: As at August 2017, I can categorically state that we have 3,210 customers. This is due to the steady increase in number of customers captured, compared to the total existing total of 3,160 at the time of my assumption of office. We hope to hit higher figures in the near future.
Of this number 85% are prepaid customers; 15% are postpaid customers.

CCD: Do you have any strategy in place to improve the productivity of your Service Center?
SY: My plan is to make Kaduna Road Service Centre number 1 in the whole Company. I would like to set a precedent that would be an example to all the Area Offices and ensure that we achieve hundred percent of our target and if possible more. As I am talking to you I have already designed a plan on how to monitor all the installed prepaid meters in my center. We must know the status of each and every meter.

CCD: What are your achievements so far?
SY: I have been able to bring about a significant change in the attitude of my staff, a more positive attitude to work. They are now better equipped to work more effectively with minimal supervision.

 CCD: What is your staff strength?
SY: We have a total of 13 staff members; six are Sales Representatives, four Lines Men, a CCR, a Cashier and a Metering Staff.

CCD: How is your response time to local faults?
SY:  It depends on the nature of the fault. Where the fault is a minor one it takes one to two hours to clear but if it is a major one it might take a day.

CCD: Any word of advice to staff?
SY: I would like them to be very punctual and honest when it comes to work. Also they need to be very diplomatic when interacting with the customers. Most importantly they should pay attention to what I refer to as “ICT” (Integrity, Commitment and Target).


No comments:

Post a Comment