Friday 9 July 2021

MEET THE STAFF SERIES

Customers Care Officer Must Always Have Positive Attitude - Binta Abdullahi

 

CCD: Can you tell us a little about yourself?

BA: My Name is Binta Abdullahi, I am from Borno State but spent substantial part of my life in Kaduna. I am a Graduate of Linguistics/English. I'm a Customer Care Officer at Doka Area Office.


CCD: What are your primary responsibilities?

BA: My primary responsibility is to support Customers by providing helpful information, responding to customers’ enquiries, answering questions, receiving as well as investigating and resolving customer complaints promptly. In other words, I am a problem solver, a confidence builder and dispute resolver. My primary responsibility therefore is to ensure that our customers are satisfied with our services and to always show professionalism in discharging my duty, empathy towards our customers and be   patience. This is captured in our professional code of conduct... people first and positive attitude always.

CCD: Can you share with us the major complaints you often receive daily from the customers?

BA: The major complaints being received at the Area Office includes overbilling issues and metering issues; tamper code request; faulty meters; unable to load token and disconnection issues.

CCD: How do you ensure that the customers’ complaints is timely resolved?

BA: By calling the Customers to get their feedback. Most times, some come back and expressed their appreciation and commend me for a job well-done. In some cases, they called almost the same day or the next day to express their satisfaction.

 CCD: What do you consider as your major achievement since you assumed duty?

BA: Managing aggressive Customers and handling more than one customer at a time. I also received Shining Star Award, and also customer’s satisfaction and appreciation.

CCD: Do you have any strategy you use in sensitizing your customers?

BA: Yes, by showing empathy, loyalty and dedication, persuasion, self-control, carrying the customers along, taking my time to put them through making sure that my explanations to the customers are satisfactory. I make sure that no customer leaves my desk with any negative impression of or attitude towards the organization.

CCD: How do you handle difficult customers?

BA: By being calm at a time a customer is furious, explaining and enlightening the customer which make him convinced and satisfied at the end.

CCD: What do you do at your leisure time?

BA: Relaxing and listening to music.

CCD: Any appeal to Management or Staff?

BA: The staff should always show empathy to the customers because the customers are the reason why we are in business today.

My appeal to the Management is to make the Customer Care Unit look and be at its best because we are the frontline and face of the Company which the Customers see first.

First impression is always important.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment