Thursday 5 November 2020

MEET THE STAFF SERIES

Prioritisations and Rational Allocation of Resources Enable Us Achieve a lot - Hassan A Muhammad.

 

CCD: Briefly tell us about yourself?

HAM: My Name is Hassan Ahmad Muhammad. I hail from Makarfi local government in Kaduna state. I schooled at Ahmadu Bello University. I have been to many States in the northern part of this country and few in the southern part, I am currently the Administration and Security Officer of Zamfara Area Office.
CCD: When did you join the company and what is your primary assignment?HAM:  I joined Kaduna Electric on 1st September, 2015.  I am an Administration and Security Officer (ASO). I am currently then Administration and Security Officer in Zamfara Area Office.

CCD: Please tell us more about the aspects of your responsibility and how do you go about it?

HAM:  my responsibilities include fleet management, that is supervising and maintaining all vehicles of the Area Office, both motorcycles and motor vehicles. I am also responsible for maintenance of our offices which includes informing the Headquarters due dates of rents and ensuring rents are settled as at when due. I am  also responsible for establishing good relationship with external security agencies like the Nigerian Police Force, Civil Defense Corps, SSS and local vigilante to increase the security of our installations, dealing with difficult situations/customers and arrest of suspected vandals. 

I am also responsible for maintaining the Kaduna Electric facilities at the Area Office such as liaising with UN-multi links cleaners to ensure clean environment for all staff at the Area Office, provision of water supply and building repairs.

I am also responsible for supervising BDM securities services and reporting

serious issues to the Headquarters for prompt action. I serve as Kaduna Electric witness on court cases.

CCD: Indeed, discharging such enormous responsibilities could sometimes be challenging, how do you get round these challenges?

HAM:  Team work, I work virtually with all the staff in the Area Office to achieve the assigned duties. Integrity: I always make sure I don't compromise protocols, honesty, and giving people their entitlements when due. 

Data: I always use the available data to coordinate and discharge my responsibilities.

Resource management: most of the activities of the ASO requires funds and there are a lot of limitations of the funds he can have access to. As such, I manage the little I get to do the most important things and leave the less important for other time. Sometimes, I do bigger jobs bit by bit, because accessing huge amounts at a time is not easy. 

CCD: What are you strengths? 

My greatest strength is honesty and integrity.

CCD: What are your weakness?

HAM: My weaknesses are compassion, simplicity and sometimes always want to do things by myself.

CCD: Any appeal or suggestion to staffs or management?

HAM: The management should look into the demands of staff, such as pension remittance, prompt payment of rents, strategies that will ease collection, provision of enabling working environment for staff. 

The management should also create a more direct communication channel, that is to have time for junior staff, there should be a frequent tour to all Area Offices and Service Centers by the Management, just as they did during the strive workshop exercise. This will aid communication and reduce misunderstandings.

My Appeal To the staff is we should stick to integrity, staff must shun corruption, eating losses, hiding bills and other leakages should be closed. This must be done if we really want to grow as a company.

Lastly, staff should respect each other and be our brother’s keepers. We must appreciate and respect our diversity; unity in diversity is our greatest strength as a people and as a company

 

1 comment:

  1. That is our great and able ASO. We really missed you. You are really trust-worthy and honest.

    ReplyDelete