Thursday 19 October 2017

MEET THE STAFF SERIES

The Nonchalant Attitude of Other Departments Demotivate Staff


CCD: Umaru Samaila tell us a bit about yourself
US: My name is Umaru Samaila Mazadu, I was born on 25th September, 1982. I am an indigene of Mangu L.G.C. of Plateau State. I started my early education at Ekan Primary School Mangu, from where I proceeded to Hauwa Memorial Secondary school, I backed an NCE from College of Education Gindiri and a B.Sc. Economics from University of Maiduguri. My quest for more knowledge took me to Usmanu Danfodiyo University where I backed M.Sc. Economics. I am married with two children.

CCD: What is your responsibility as a marketer?
US: As a sale representative my primary responsibility is to generate revenue for the company, acquire and classify customers through enumeration, manage customer accounts, monitor prepaid meters and to crown it all mediate between the company and its customers.

CCD: How would you describe the kinds of challenges you are facing?
US: My greatest challenge is the over blame which is always push to Marketing and Customer Services Staff. There are faults emanating from other departments but in most cases its overlooked, everyone knows that marketing department is key to the success of this company but its efforts can be sabotage by the nonchalant attitude of other departments. This actually is highly demotivational.

CCD: What differentiated your department with others?
US: My department, Marketing and Customer Services Department is a unique one because it plays a vital role in promoting the business and mission of this organization. It serves as the face of the company than even Corporate Communication Department since it is the department that reach out to customers/or the community at large and create an overarching image that represents the entire departments of the company in a positive light. Moreover, it shoulders the burden of realising the goals and objectives of the company.

CCD: What do you know about Relationship Marketing and how do you go by it?
US: Relationship marketing is a marketing that focuses on customer loyalty and long-term customer engagement. The goal of relationship marketing is to create strong, emotional customer connections to the product of a company that can lead to ongoing business, free word-of-mouth promotion and information from customers that can generate leads.

CCD: Any appeal/suggestion to staff/management?
US: I am calling on the management to stop laying emphasis to paper qualification in the employment of technical staff, it should enrich its legal departments with enough lawyers so that electricity thieves will be duly prosecuted and lastly the company should invest on Prepaid Meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment