Friday 8 March 2024

MEET THE STAFF SERIES

 

We are Focusing on Increasing Customers Response Rate….Aminu Umar

 

CCD: Can you briefly tell us about your self?

AMINU UMAR, Manager Legislative
AU: My name is Aminu Umar, I'm from Kauru local Govt Area of Kaduna state, I had my primary and secondary school both in KAURU. I proceeded to Kaduna state University where I obtained my Bsc in Economics and MBA. I am happily married with children.

CCD:  What is it to be supervising Service Centre, can you share with us?

AU: Supervision of a Service Center is as equally as supervising a company which requires sacrifices, logics and strategies in order to provide a turnover that's revenue and monitoring all the affairs of both staff and the  customers prepaid and POSTPAID, and ensure the  commercial and technical loses are reduced.

CCD:  What do you consider as the most challenging part of supervising people and managing customers?

AU: Yes Managing human beings is one of the complex thing, because of our individual differences, Sometimes you will be seen as somebody who always make things hard and unfavorable, which is not so. It's all about as a supervisor, you are to make sure things are done properly and according to the Company's policies and regulations.

Interns of Customers, Ha! We are some times being seen as wicked because of our rigidity on the Company's policies, such challenges from the customers include non payment of current charges, illegal connections and meter tampering. The truth of the matter, we have zero tolerance on such.

CCD:  What is your total customers population and their classification?

AU:  My total Customers are as follows
Post paid: 671
Prepaid: 2,153
Total: 2,824

CCD:  How do you ensure fairness among your subordinates?

AU: Yes. I always ensure that I'm being fair to everyone, because, the hard working ones are always celebrated and rewarded in order to provide competition among them in terms of performance.

CCD:  What do you consider as your major achievement since you assume duty in the Service Center?

AU: My major achievement since I assumed as a Manager are numerous but few will be mentioned
*We have raised the our collection from post paid from 6.7 to 8.7 which we maintained

* We have increased our customer data base with morethan100 customers through separations. Which is ongoing

* Our response Efficiency has been increased by 25%

CCD: Any appeal or suggestion to the Management/staff?

AU: Yes! My appeal goes to Management first. The welfare of the staff should be taken serious, which will definitely boost our moral and confidence.
   Secondly the Management  should provide working tools and enabling working environment for the stuff to feel confidence within themselves in their working places

My appeal to the staff, we have to take ownership of this business, so that the company can be able to settle it's monthly Obligations, and provide our needs.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment