Friday 20 October 2023

MEET THE STAFF SERIES

 My Focus Shall Always be to Improve Customers Population….Nuhu L. Abubakar

CCD: Can you briefly share with us your background- schools attended and academic qualifications obtained as well as your previous working experience?

NLA: My name is Nuhu L. Abubakar, I was born and brought up at Saminaka, I had my early education there and then proceeded to Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) where I studied Political science and I also have a Masters Degree in Conflict/Peace Management and Strategic Studies from Kaduna State University.

CCD:  What is it to be Supervising a Service Centre, can you share it with us?

NLA: To be a Service Centre Manager is not easy because I passed through a series of exams, interview and others; thank God, I am now on the seat, all this depend on hard work and dedication to the work because people are watching all what we are doing and they are the ones that will recommend you for higher responsibility.

CCD: So what do you consider as the most challenging part of supervising people and managing customers?

NLA:  I have been a Service Centre Manager for almost 6 years now, from Dankande, Isa Kaita, Urban Shelter, NACB and now Dawaki, I managed different set of people with different mind set. To be a successful Manager, one need to be calm and focus and work together as a team for you to achieve the set goals. At the Customers side, I managed customers from privilege and less privilege area with different mentality.

CCD: What is your total Customers population and classification in Dawaki?

NLA:  I have 3,711 customers that comprises 550 post paid and 3,161 Pre paid. We classified customers based on their DTs ( Transformer s), we have green and red DTs. You can easily get your amount billed and even do debt recovery from   these customers while in the red DTs you hardly get your amount billed from them, sometimes you have to disconnect and disconnect before they pay you.

CCD: How do you ensure fairness among your workers?

NLA:  I am open minded person, I welcome any meaningful idea from my staff on how to move the Company forward in terms of collection.

CCD: What do you consider as your major achievement since you assume duty in the Service Center?

NLA: All the service centers managed, I make sure I improved their collection  even beat their best month collection and increased the customers population.

CCD: What are your suggestion to the management and staff?

NLA: Management should provide all the enablers needed by the Service Centers that would help them improve their collection and staff security most be guaranteed.
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment